Friday, March 21, 2008

Go Me!

IT’S DONE, IT’S DONE! My sister-in-law got engaged last night! Her boyfriend did a lovely, romantic job, there were flowers, and framed menus from first dates, and hundreds of tea lights, and escargot, and what snails dripping in garlic butter have to do with it I’m not sure, but I didn’t really notice because I got to be in charge of the champagne and hooboy, I like me some champagne!

The Funasaurus and I were invited along to go ring shopping several weekends ago, and the ring is huge and sparkly and I really, really had to struggle to keep the whole thing to myself because SPARKLY THINGS! I am much like a bird in that way.

Anywhos, I did a bang-up job of not mentioning it to my sister-in-law, who was, apparently, very surprised. And now I can talk about it openly and have already vetoed fuchsia for them as a possible wedding color because I am helpful and pushy like that.

So that was the big surprise, it’s funny to me that several folks thought it was that I was pregnant. In between tequila shots and champagne, I come to the conclusion that is perhaps not the best idea for me to be responsible for another life right now. What with having a bit of trouble being responsible for my own, still. Plus, kids are kind of dirty, and I don’t really like dirt. Also, I like sleeping. A lot.

In other exciting news, I have been bequeathed THIS:

Cool Cat Award

Go me! I’d like to thank the Academy, for taking an interest in my work, Christie, for the nomination, and of course Sugar and, begrudgingly, Tatum, without whom this award might not have been possible.

Photobucket
Tatum says: Fo' shizzle, minzzle. ... Now get me a mouse.

And were I to pass the honor along to other pet-lovers, it’d surely have to go to Meno, whose Zola has a tummy that is pure, pettable yumminess.

And Diane, whose pups are the namesakes of the blog.

And of course what would Sangria Lover be without Ben and newbie, Smalls (awesomest name, EVER, btw) I’m still deciding how to spill the beans to Sugar that I really want the canine version of her white, fluffy, neurotic-ness.

And I would say Miss Doxie, except I’m pretty sure a) she’s either dead, or got a life. Because she hasn’t updated in months, so that sucks. And b) I’m pretty sure she does not read my blog.

Did I miss someone? I’m sure I did, there are so many cute pets out there. Help! Or nominate your own! So many pets, so little time for bestowing random graphics.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks for the shout-out! And congratulations to your sister-in-law! How exciting!

Way to keep it a secret, too. I have big sister-in-law news that I'm dying to blog but I can't until next week. I can't wait!

Diane said...

Hanna Banana Louise (aka Nanners), Samantha Jane Noodles (aka, well you know) and I, are honored to receive this award! Thanks!

My brother got divorced last year (Thank you, God!) so I am currently sister-in-law free.

meno said...

Zola and i thank you for the Cool Cat Award. It's really cool.

I will rub his tummy and tell him that it was from you.

Comgratulations to your SIL and to you for keeping quiet about the whole thing. I'm impressed with you.

Anonymous said...

yeah. be sure to plan ahead on the pregnancy and shots thing! i bet it was SO fun to be involved in that special moment and have the inside scoop.

Leah said...

I nominate Daisy and Oscar, your favorite neighbor-pugs!

Princess in Galoshes said...

Audrey- What is your news?! Blog about it, already!!

Diane- I had no idea they had such elaborate full names, but it makes them just that much more endearing.

Meno- Thanks. Are you going to post more pictures of Zola?

Biscuit- Ah, er, I will? I guess? And it was!

Leah- They ARE my absolute favorite! Consider yourself Very Nominated.