Thursday, August 07, 2008

It IS Easy Being Green!

If I asked you, “What is the best possible thing that could have ever happened to me?” and you answered, “The Funasaurus,” you would be right. But if you had answered, “Receiving an awesome, awesome bag with KERMIT on it that reads, ‘Green and Loving It’ on a random Monday,” it would have been a close second.

Behold, the second-most awesomest thing to have happened to me EVER.

Photobucket

I could die of happiness.

(Although I don’t want to, seeing as how I would hate to bury such awesomeness with me in the ground [for naturally I should take it to the grave] instead of strutting all over greater Denver showing it off.)

Meanwhile, we had a tornado warning last night. We weren’t sure whether to take it seriously until the tornado sirens went off. I didn’t even know we had tornado sirens! So we packed up the cats, the wedding album, and my new awesome bag, and headed over to my sister-in-law’s house, since our house is made of sticks. And particle board. And while sister-in-law’s house is also made of sticks and particle board, she has a cement basement, so we hung out down there, torturing the cats and looking through wedding pictures. Then we left 15 minutes later when the TV said it was probably just thunderstorms. Also, we ran out of chips.

And that’s all the excitement we’ve had. And if you’re not watching So You Think You Can Dance, you really should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqOhAwXZMug

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bag is fantastic!! I know want a bunch of cloth grocery bags with that design--maybe then I'd actually use them!

Also, glad you're okay and that no tornadoes swept you of to Oz.

Yoga Gal said...

I had no idea that you had tornados in Denver! Well, at least you get a warning! Erathquakes just strike! Still, one thing I've learned from living in earthquake land and after my personal attack that the real things of value are your friends, family and beloved pets.

Christie said...

That is too cute! I got Kenzie a bag for preschool that is recycled canvas and says "Green is the new pink" and she loves it.

So...tornadoes in Denver. Cross that place off my visiting list, thanks.

Pauline said...

you've gotta love the green-loving green frog.

Parker (my grandcat) and I will meet you at your sister-in-law's if we have another tornado - I don't have a basement... we've had two in the area already this summer, and this in an area where tornadoes are rare (or used to be!)

Leah said...

Oh my goodness, we were out last night and had no idea the sirens went off here! We were down south at Jason's softball game, and the pugs were home, so thank goodness they didn't get blown away!!!!

LOVE the bag!

Holly said...

How did i miss the tornado sirens? I never heard any! I was just hanging out in my stick house, too!

Diane said...

Great bag!!!

Any time there is an earthquake between the West Coast of North America and China, we start getting tsunami warnings. No sense waiting until they determine if there is actually a tsunami moving towards land.

My reaction is, well buzz us again when the giant wave is 500 miles or less from the coast.