Thursday, August 21, 2008

Exoskeletons and Introspection

I managed to have crab and lobster yet again for dinner tonight. I am calling it good, as I have started to develop a weird rash and while I am not sure it’s due to my recent ocean insect diet so much as to the lack of sleep and large quantities of chocolate and alcohol my trainer has been pushing, I am thinking I shall call it good and go back to steak and chicken for a while.

Crustaceans: I declare victory.

Meanwhile, I just about collapsed at dinner. I am exhausted. I was kept awake only by the most gorgeous scene of a new rep (who is also in training) who hails from the south and has perfect blond hair swept to the side just so and lots of eyeliner and trendy, tight clothes get sprayed with lobster juice by the chick next to her who was wearing a bib to protect her from her own meal. Sadly, the bib was not large enough to cover her salad-nibbling southern neighbor, and that was some funny shit. I snorted beer in glee. Which is mean, because Miss Perfectly Coiffed South is actually really nice and I like her very much. But fortunately she started laughing hysterically and made comments about her new eau de lobster for the rest of the evening, so I felt joining her in her self-mocking was the supportive thing to do. She’s seen beer come out of my nose. We are so far past polite it’s like it never existed.



Now that I’m thinking about it, I’m not sure it ever did.

Tomorrow I go home, The Funasaurus is picking me up from the airport, sacrificing a ticket to the Broncos game to be my chauffeur. Do you see why I love this man? Sacrificing his beloved pastime to be with his wife when she gets home from her long trip? Also, I didn’t give him much of a choice.

Next week is the DNC. Downtown is going to be a cluster; I plan on avoiding it. Except for one afternoon, when our good friends scored tickets to a Very Important Event, which we are very excited about attending. Being the very involved politicos that we are, and all. (?) Details to come, as it is not set in complete stone just yet.

7 comments:

Diane said...

Can't wait to hear about the very important event! While we all know that the Funasaurus is an awesome fellow, the real test will be if he'll miss a regular season game!

Go Chargers!

Anonymous said...

You know, I've never had just lobster. I've had bits of lobster in a stew, I've had lobster ravioli, but I've never just had a big old lobster tail. I must remedy that situation some day. I'm glad you've had such a great time, and I know it'll also be nice to be back with the Funasaurus and sleeping in your own bed again!

Heather said...

Wowee, that Funasaurus loves him some Princess!

I loves me some crustaceans. But, having spent my youth in the Pacific NW - I'm VERY picky.

Heather said...

Wowee, that Funasaurus loves him some Princess!

I loves me some crustaceans. But, having spent my youth in the Pacific NW - I'm VERY picky.

Melissa said...

Mmmmmmmm....lobster. Now that's something I haven't see over here. Definitely not Kosher. Who made up those stupid rules anyway!?!?!

How sweet of the Hubby to pick you up! I always knew you picked a good one!

Anonymous said...

I am so intrigued by what it is you *do*, anyway. I mean I think you've described it to me before on the surface but it does not at all resemble what you write about here!!! :D See you soon!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard at the blonde getting squirted...LMAO!