Wednesday, August 20, 2008

All But a Red Socks Fan

Here’s the thing: I want to move to Boston. This plan has been vetoed by The Funasaurus, but I plan on having my way with him when I get home and then asking again nicely. Maybe after buying him a new video game. I have my methods. It’s nice here. I’ve had lobster and/or crab four out of the last six meals. (I was going to say “five” but then my friend took me to an Indian restaurant tonight and there was not so much the Maryland Blue Crab in saffron or anything… sadly.) I’ve also been working my ass off. Sunday night I got in after midnight and then had to be at work at 8:00. Monday I spent the whole day in training, then spent the evening catching up on my regular work until about 2:00 AM. With a small break for crab risotto and a nice pinot grigio in there. Tuesday I was at work by 8:15 and worked straight through to lobster and crab ravioli at 7:00.

Tonight I went to happy hour and then out to aforementioned Indian food. Which was delicious, but not half as delicious as seeing an old friend again. And, well, shit. I miss having all sorts of good friends around.

Boston is alive at all hours and all days of the week. Tuesday night? There’s a line out the door at the pastry shop. Wednesday night? The 80s Party Bus came by at least three times during our dinner, and OH! how I wanted to get in on that action.

The 80s Party Bus was pink.

Neon pink.

The office is very bookish and New England-y, and my coworkers are a smart set. I like hanging around them. I feel very east coast and smaaaht.

Plus, we took a Ben & Jerry’s break today. Who doesn’t want to work in an office where there’s a mandatory Ben & Jerry’s break?!?!?!

I have had a lot of alcohol, a lot of sugar, and not so much sleep. I feel a little woozy. But I’m trying to rally. I wish there was a way to commute to this town without that pesky plane flight….

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have corresponded about cupcakes in Denver (and the misery that is the social security office) before... you are not going to believe this:

http://dessert.meetup.com/9/

Needless to say, I signed up immediately!!

Yoga Gal said...

We share the same dream, I would love to move to Boston. You would think living in L.A. would be wild but believe me it's almost impossible to find a place to eat after 10:00 p.m.

Pauline said...

Besides, if you moved to Boston, a two-1/2 hour drive west would land you at my doorstep, home to bushel baskets of ripe tomatoes and chocolate zucchini bread. You could come to Tanglewood to listen to the Boston Pops and have a picnic of lobster AND crab risotto prepared for you by one of the local wineries that also prepare specialty food baskets for the discerning concert goer. (And you can have cupcakes for dessert.)

Amanda said...

I have always wanted to visit Boston! Sounds delightful :)

Celia said...

A pink bus AND a Ben and Jerry's break? You've convinced ME to move to Boston!

Diane said...

A city full of Sox fans has a lot to answer for . . .

Holly said...

I love boston, too, but I just keep thinking about winters there and that keeps me from wanting to move there.
Maybe just work it so you can 'summer' in Boston....

Christie said...

Get him drunk. That works on Jay. Oh, and putting out a few times in one day. He's like buttah and gives in to whatever I want.