Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Week's Worth of Cramming

As predicted, I drank my weight in both mulled wine and eggnog, over the weekend. On top of the enormous feast I continued to shovel into my mouth throughout the four days. I also have not returned to yoga, and I feel great! ... Minus some minor heart palpitations, but I’m sure it’s just working hard digesting all that oyster stuffing.

Mmmm, stuffing.

Meanwhile, the Broncos intentionally lost on Sunday, (there is no other explaination) sending The Funasaurus into a downward spiral of sadness and grieving and cursing at our oversized TV. Fortunately, he had jury duty this morning, to pick his spirits right back up.

(?)

My parents came down early on Thanksgiving day to help us install some shelves in our garage, because our little house is currently busting at the seams, what with four adults and all their crap trying to cohabitate. It’s been very cold, so we quickly realized that the shelves also served as a fabulous second fridge, seeing as how our regular fridge was at max capacity before we tried to cram a Thanksgiving feast for nine into it.

That was a great idea right up until it got warm on Sunday, and there was a fruit torte and some fish that did not survive the heat wave. (Although don’t you worry, we saved that chocolate cake with time to spare.) Our garage currently does not smell as horrid as you might think, because there was also a bottle of wine that did not survive the first shaking of the shelves, thus clarifying any spilled fish on the cement. It currently kinda smells like expensive vinegar out there, which I figure isn’t a bad trade-off.

In other news, I am officially Mrs. Funasaurus on all of my credit cards, now; I saw August Rush and it wasn’t as horrible as I thought it would be; (I actually liked [!] it) and I discovered my friend in California is dating Flavor Flav’s doppleganger. Which is pretty awesome, and I am sincerely hoping that, despite being skinny and pale with a darling British accent (and, like, seven feet tall) he occasionally sports a large clock on a chain around his neck.

Here’s hoping!

7 comments:

Christie said...

Me first, me first!

Anyhoo. Oyster stuffing? I think I threw up in my mouth a bit. But I hate seafood, and that in my husbands eyes means I have bad taste anyway. SO what do I know?

Congrats on successfully changing your name!

Diane said...

The fishy smelly in my garage from where my downstairs neighbors backed up their kitchen sink by stuffing old fish down the drain that connects with the garage sink is finally almost gone!

And I still feel/am fatter from Thanksgiving

Andrea Frazer said...

Just when I think you can't be any funnier, you always do it.

Snark Scribe said...

If you can't get him to wear a chain, perhaps he'll wear a shirt with a giant clock and chain printed on it. (Yes, I actually saw a shirt like that).

M-M-M-Mishy said...

If you can ever record him saying "Flava Flav!" with a British accent, you would be do a great injustice to not share it with the world.

And by "the world", I mostly mean me.

Princess in Galoshes said...

Christie- Oyster stuffing is so good. Come to my house. I will make you a convert.

Diane- Oh... sick. I am very sorry for your stinky garage. :-(

Mama P- I consider that I real compliment, coming from you! Thank you!

Snark Scribe- WHERE do I get my hands on that shirt?

Mishy- It may take some time. But I will take that on as my mission....

Snark Scribe said...

Someone showed me a picture of the clock shirt that they got from a Japanese website. I wonder if the company knew what they were selling?