Wednesday, May 13, 2009

OMG. I'm, Like, One of Them

I did it. Curiosity killed me, or whatever. I joined Twitter. I am kind of feeling overwhelmed by technology these days, and didn’t really need another reason to push work even further into the wee hours of the morning because I am too busy toodling around on the internet during normal working hours. But some co-workers recommended it, and I am inclined towards things geared towards an ADD mentality, so I signed up.

This will be a trial period, however. I am not so enamored of Twitter as I have been of Blogger, or Facebook, or other unnamed internets-y distractions. So I’m giving it one month before I cancel the account and get back to my regularly overscheduled life. In the meantime, if you’re on Twitter, let me know! I assume it’s more entertaining the more people you follow. Or if you have any suggestions of clever, witty people who are capable of expressing themselves in a sentence or two, that’d be great. I have not yet mastered the art.

Now I need to get back to work. I suppose I am also taking recommendations on self-discipline techniques. That, or preferred caffeinated beverages.

6 comments:

D'Rae said...

I am on twitter. I didn't get it at first either, but I have come to really like it.

Modelmental said...

Hey I'm on there (modelmental) and have been for a while, I still don't get it.

Melissa said...

I'm so out of it I don't even know what Twitter is. I've heard of it but other than that it's lost on me.

Nick, Holly and Maren said...

My friend linked this article about Twitter on her FB page:
http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/56797/

Snark Scribe said...

I'm not on Twitter. I waste enough time on Blogger and Facebook!

Jessica said...

Haven't commented in a while, but I have to say that I got myself addicted to twitter. and blip.fm (online radio station you can blip to twitter. ). Anyway, I'm gardenJess on both if you're bored.